Monday, August 11, 2014

Ups & Downs


Where we the ride of the weekend


UP // Backyard.  Our children's ministry event where I get to dance on stage.  I'll always give an UP to dancing.

UP ... DOWN??? // I had to dress like a 'skateboarder' ... I'm 42 years old. I don't own much that looks like a skateboarder.  I figure as long as I throw a hat on backwards, I'm good to go. 

Crazy smeared mascara adds to the look - right?

DOWN // Good Lord... dancing where all the songs involve some sort of jumping or spinning, or twisting down... all of this with bad knees.  I never feel older in my life....




UP // ... but I keep smiling & high fiving all the kids.  Fake it till you make it.



DOWN // Speaking of out of shape, I held my Grandbuddy for about 30 minutes bouncing her to try & get her to sleep. My biceps never burned so much in my life.  No wonder mom's arms look amazing. 

UP // Rainy mornings where I have no plans...

UP // A clean kitchen...

DOWN //.... that lasted for about 3 hours.  WHY can't my counter tops stay cleared off? WHY?????

UP // a 30% off at Kohl's...

This is how I walk into Kohl's when I have 30% off

UP // Ended up finding me some aviators for $8.00 & then that 30% off.  I have been wanting a pair for the longest times. I bought some Ray-Bans one time.  As much as I lose sunglasses, I won't be spending $95 on another pair.

Me

UP // Tried a veggie enchilada at Chuey's.  I'm weird about corn being in things so almost didn't get it, but decided not to look at the food - just eat it. It was delish.  I'm weird about food. I know.

DOWN // The hubs is having pains in his arms.  Not sure what is going on with it.  I hate to see him feeling bad & having issues.  He's going to the doctor next week.  Hoping the pain eases up before then.

UP // the radio stations on our cable provider.  I found the Christian music channel & turned it on while I edited pictures. It had some old songs I hadn't heard in years.  Let me sing while editing pictures... LOUDLY... makes everything better.


UP // My last bride asked for a picture with her photographers. I so love this picture. I need to start doing it with all my brides.  I love my brides.  I feel so protective over them, during the day & even afterwards when I keep up with them.  I always tell them, by the end of your wedding day, I'm your new best friend. I don't even joke about that.

Photo: I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Megan wanted a picture with us, her photographers.  We love our brides so much & after spending the whole day with them & getting to be a part of such a special day, I love having the memory to keep myself.  <3 ... keep an eye out, the preview of the whole day is going to be up in a few days :)


UP // I actually slept in till 7:30 on Sunday.  It felt like heaven.

UP // We had a review on Merge Camp in church on Sunday.  I loved when the kids would give me 'honorary awards' for fun things.  I love those kids.  I love I can act like a fool with them. I walked into the room & one of the kids who came back this week had brought a friend.  When he saw me he pointed & said to his friend, "She's super cool"... my reaction?  I pointed to him & said, "Yes I am.. don't you ever forget it"... that's how you handle that :)


DOWN // People talking before they think what they say.  I totally got dissed in front of the youth kiddos.  It is what it is.  Stupid.

DOWN // Target... why you no have sizes other then small or EXTRA small.  What the heck is extra small anyways?  kids sizes?  I need my size in this shirt desperately!

Off to the web site I go

UP // Got to do a family session with the Pastor of our church & his family.   I love his kids like crazy.  They are A-MAZ-ING kids & 3 of them are in our youth group.  One is headed to college.  Tear.  I loved getting them in front of my camera.  & loved having one last hug & one last prayer with this fantastic young man. 

Photo: Had so much fun with a fantastic family tonight. One of their kiddos is leaving for college this weekend. With him being in our youth group for years, we had to get one picture with him before he heads out into his new life. How do these kids grow up so fast?



UP// Rain held off for the session....

DOWN // .... Humidity did not.  I was a sweaty mess. 

DOWN // I couldn't go to sleep last night. I was up at midnight.  Getting up at 5:30am, this doesn't look good for me today....




How was your weekend?


20 comments:

  1. Love your aviators. I've been wanting some Ray Bans, but hoping I can find a knock off pair much cheaper!
    I went to Chuey's a couple weeks ago and got the same thing, I loved it!!
    Have you been to the new outlet mall in Simpsonville yet? I went this weekend, it was awesome! Now I can't wait to go back when I can actually do some shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh you poor thing, i didnt sleep well last night either. boo. you look so cute as a skateboarder ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lack of sleep before a monday is the worst! But you're obviously working hard and good rock out music is a must while doing repetitive tasks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your aviators are AWESOME! Ray-Bans rock... I wish I had a pair!

    Love that pic with you and the bride. So cute!

    I totally hear you on a clean kitchen...the counters never.stay.clean.EVER!!

    Rainy mornings (and evenings) with no plans really are the best :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the deal with the counters?!?!?! My house looks clean to me when those counters are cleared off.. why my house always looks a mess I guess :)

      Delete
  5. I always lose or break sunglasses too! That is until I bought my Ray-Bans. I've had them for over a year and I still can't believe I haven't lost or broken them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had my Ray-Bans for YEARSSSSS & I actually didn't look them, I broke them. :)

      Delete
  6. Love your new sunglasses! Your picture with the bride is too cute! How fun! And dressing up as a skateboarder? Fun! I love a good dress up theme!!
    xo Krissy @ Sneakers and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new sunglasses, and even more awesome you got such a great deal on them!
    Also loving the cute picture with you and the bride. I love that you care about them so much, I feel the same way with my job with them too, although I don't keep in touch with too many of them, well until they send their friends to me for their weddings:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So who took that fabulous picture of you with the bride? And why did she have 2 photographers? Is that customary these days? ( I am so out of the wedding loop)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your hubby is feeling better! Love the aviators, and such a cute pic of you and the bride! Looks like such a fun job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You could totally pass for a skateboarder. :)
    I love that you took a picture with your bride. And that you are friends with all your brides. We got married at a resort so we couldn't pick our photographer and it was very impersonal. I knew it would be that way so I went out of my way to choose photographers to do our engagement session. They took our pictures in 2009 and we are still friends with them today. :) LOVE the new glasses!! I wear aviators all the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may look like a skateboarder, but I'd break something if I were ever ON a skateboard :)

      Delete
  11. Looks like you had a crazy weekend! I love your gifts! I would have no clue how to dress like a skateboarder either...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a weekend! And those glasses look super cute on you! Love that photo as a "skateboarder". Seriously you look like a teenager! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had the hardest time finding aviators! I would have paid for Ray Bans, but they were all too big for my face! Yours look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I like Ray Bans - I have big cheeks - I need big frames :)

      Delete

I am thankful for each comment & like to respond to every one of them....
If you noticed I do not respond to your comments, it is because you are a "no reply" blogger and I am unable too!
How to enable your e-mail: BLOGGER ACCOUNTS: To do this, click on your Dashboard, click on EDIT PROFILE and place a check mark next to SHOW MY EMAIL ADDRESS, and finally scroll to the bottom and click SAVE PROFILE.**